I’ve skipped a while because I’m bad at remembering, but that’s a shame because the last month and a half has been filled with lovely things. So this week, I’m doing a Friday Fifteen to catch up on some of the wonderful people and events I have to be thankful for.
- Getting to road trip from Utah to Florida with Cait Greer in September! It was a marathon push across the country filled with too much fast food and too many altitude headaches, but we got to stop in Tallahassee to see some great friends and at the end of the trip my bestie moved in with me. Definitely a win!
- My new agent, Eric Smith, has awesome taste in entertainment. He assigned me homework because of a soon-to-come WIP, and because of that I found a new fandom: The Expanse.
- HOLY HELL THE EXPANSE. It’s amazing. I love it. I’ve watched season one so many times already I’ve lost count, and I’m on book 2 of the series even though I do NOT have the time for reading anything I didn’t write. It’s become my new favorite. You all need to watch and read and enjoy.
- I attended GRL (Gay Romance Lit) Retreat for the first time! I got to hang out with amazing people like Anna Zabo, Elyse Springer, Amelia Vaughn, EJ Russel, Avon Gale, and Carrie Pack.
- I finished final proofs on Assassins: Nemesis! THAT MEANS IT’S DONE! And it’ll only be a couple of months until you guys get to read it.
- Also in Nemesis news, the first few chapters went up on Riptide’s site! That means they’re also up on my site’s page for the book. You can meet Blake!
- I mentioned Cait Greer moved in, right? But I haven’t mentioned her cooking yet. She cooks! Which is amazing. I love food, and I intensely dislike cooking. I’m utterly and immensely grateful she’s willing to feed me as long as I clean everything up afterward.
- My new #TeamRocks friends. It’s amazing how wonderful my agents other clients are, and I’m so thankful I get to be part of the community they’ve created. One day I sincerely hope we get to hang out in person!
- Entangled Teen. I can’t go into why, but wow. They’ve been AMAZING. They listened to me, took what I said seriously, and acted on it. I am so happy to be working with such a dedicated, supportive team. Hopefully, I get to keep working with them for a long time yet.
- My editor at Entangled, Kate Brauning. She’s been SO patient with me this year as I got further and further behind schedule (because I am awesome at overloading myself while simultaneously underestimating how long each project is going to take). And her notes for Ryogan Chronicles 2 are making this book SO GOOD.
- Edits. Oddly, I’m so grateful for edits. For being able to do them and for the wonderful notes I have to help guide me, and for how much better this book is becoming as I work on it. I wasn’t sure about the first draft, but I’m beginning to love the second version of the story.
- Ace Awareness week! I love that this is a thing, and I’m really happy I learned about it early enough to write a new essay I’ve been meaning to add to the site.
- Giveaways! I wish I could do more of them, but the one I have running now is BIG. And it includes a copy of Island of Exiles, which I’ve never given away before! SO MUCH FUN!
- Speaking of Island of Exiles, I saw the final cover and WOW DO I LOVE IT OMFG IT IS SO PRETTY AND YOU GET TO SEE IT SOON WHAT?! 😀 Pay attention Monday morning. It’s gonna start popping up all over the freaking place!
- Winter in Florida is never exactly what one would call winter, but this year it’s cooled off earlier than usual. We’ve had almost a week of low humidity and decent temperatures, and that makes me very happy.
I could keep going, but I’ll leave more for later. Next week, hopefully. <3