Last December, I posted this list of goals:
- Sign a contract with an agent.
- Go to the gym three times a week.
- Sell a short story to a magazine.
- Complete rough drafts of books two, three, and four of the Fallen series.
- Begin work on a new book project.
- Sell Fallen to an American publishing house.
- Completely reorganize my house.
- Start printing pictures and putting them into albums.
- Develop a writing schedule.
- Post in Incandescent at least twice a month.
- Buy a good laser printer.
In that post I also promised that I would come back around the same time this year and go over how well I did. Accountability and all that. So, here it goes.
I have been working on several stories outside of the Fallen series, so number 5 has been taken care of. The first draft of Guardian is complete, which means 1/3 of number 4 can be checked off. Every month has a post in it, so number 10 is partially complete. And I did manage to reorganize my house (mainly in the last month), so number 7 was knocked out just in time. Unfortunately, that’s where my successes end.
Although I came close to a contract with an agent, I am not yet represented. I definitely didn’t make it to the gym, like, at all. My short stories have been sadly neglected and haven’t made it into any printed media. And the rest of these goals… well, weren’t even thought about, honestly.
You know, looking at it like this is almost depressing.
But, on the bright side, a lot of good things have happened this year, too.
So the purpose behind this post, to completely redo my goals for the next year. Here it goes:
- Complete rough first drafts of the final two books in the Fallen series.
- Sign with an agent in January or revise and resubmit Fallen.
- Continue working on various side projects.
- Develop my editing services.
- Continue with at least one post per month on Incandescent.
So there it is. It’s a lot less ambitious than last years, but I think there’s a chance of actually completing all or most of these. Wish me luck. I’ll check back with this list same time next year!
Oh, and, by the way. Merry Christmas! 😀